The King's Club has 6 new all-weather astro tennis courts, including 4 with floodlights.
Our resident tennis professional Sam Marland runs social clubs nights and weekends, one day events and tournaments. Sam has also designed a coaching program for juniors and adults of all ages and is available for individual lessons.
For further details on Sam's Tennis program, please contact Sam 07729 733 317 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- LTA Covid-19 Tennis Regulations
Updated April 2021
Members are kindly asked to adhere to the current LTA rules below
- Our members are kindly asked to come "sport ready" as changing rooms will not be available until health club restrictions are lifted further.
- Both singles play and doubles play is permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible – meaning that four people from different households can play doubles
- For informal social play, group size is limited to a maximum of six people (or two households) by law. This means you can play tennis providing you only meet up with no more than 5 other people from different households and observe social distancing guidelines.
- People should not go to a tennis venue socially in groups of more than six
- A group made up of two households can include more than six people, but only where all members of the group are from the same two households (or support/childcare bubbles, where eligible)
- Social distancing must be maintained between people who do not live together or share a support bubble
- 1:1 Coaching is permitted in line with the LTA’s Covid-19 Secure guidance for coaching activity
- Avoid congestion around the net
- Do not make physical contact with other players, such as shaking hands or high five (outside of your bubble
- It is advised to bring your own sanitiser and regularly apply throughout your play
- No spitting on the court.
- Do not share water bottles.
- 1:1 COACHING is Permitted in line with the LTA’s Covid-19 Secure guidance for coaching activity
- Group Sessions - Organised outdoor tennis activity for larger groups, including coached sessions, club nights and competitions is exempt from legal gathering limits and so is permitted by the Government as an exception to the limit of six, provided that venues, coaching providers and event organisers follow LTA COVID-19 secure guidelines
- Tennis Court Booking Rules
- During the pandemic all courts must be booked in advance.
- To book a court, please call 0208 255 5404 during club hours.
- Members can book up to 8 days in advance.
- Members can reserve TWO slots for different days per phone call.
- Tennis shoes are to be worn on the courts at all times. Trainers are not permitted.
- Recognised tennis attired to be worn at all times.
- Fizzy drinks and food are not permitted on the courts.
- As a courtesy to other club players, the use of mobile phones is prohibited on the courts.
- Members are entitles to invite a guest to play tennis. Each guest must pay a £10 guest fee.
- Guests are not permitted to use any other part of the club.
- A guest is permitted up to 6 times per year, after which they are required to join the club if they wish to use the facilities.
NOTE - During the summer term, there may be reduce booking time on Saturday mornings for King's College School fixtures.
- Court Booking Times
Monday - Friday (Term Time) Monday - Friday (Holiday Times) Saturday & Sunday 18:00 - 21:00 (last session @ 20:00) 15:00 - 21:00 (last session @ 20:00) 09:00 - 19:00 (last session @ 18:00)
Please click on Club Opening Hours for term time and holiday operating times.